This is a living document started on March 23, 2014. Getting my life “goals” down on virtual paper makes things more real and, I hope, more likely happen.
On a side note, in preparing this list I spent some time looking through other people’s digital bucket lists and it sure did make me grateful for all the adventures I have already had. I’ve visited three Disney resorts — including getting engaged and married at Walt Disney World. I’ve had the pleasure of swimming with dolphins, sea lions and mantas. I’ve climbed a waterfall in Jamaica and Mayan ruins in Mexico. I’ve visited castles all over England and the top of the Eiffel Tower at night. And that’s just to name a few. I’m thankful for the great life I have.
Now, here’s an idea of what’s still to come. This list will certainly grow and some items may change…and I’ll definitely be putting completion dates next to these as they happen!
- Learn to surf.
- Live in Florida.
- Publish a book.
- Learn to play guitar (or maybe ukelele!)
- Learn to shoot a crossbow.
- Work for Disney again.
- Be an extra in a movie or TV show. (Talk shows and sporting events don’t count…been there done that. Thanks Jimmy Kimmel, NY Mets.)
- Go whitewater rafting.
- Go to a World Series game (preferably the Mets).
- Go to an NFL game (preferably the Eagles). DONE 10/12/2014
- Learn to design WordPress themes.
- Learn Italian.
- Learn to edit video. GETTING THERE (can edit simple video in iMovie) 02/2015
- Get a small, meaningful tattoo.
- Make a gingerbread house from scratch.
- Take a ride in a hot air balloon.
- Own a dog again.
- Volunteer for an animal rescue organization.
- Make a big, anonymous donation to charity. (Guess I can’t exactly cross this one off after I do it…but that’s OK.)
- Have a conversation with the CEO of a Fortune 500 company.
- Visit the Dole Plantation in Honolulu to pick and eat a fresh pineapple. APRIL 2015 – Can’t wait!
- Stay at Disney’s Aulani. APRIL 2015 – Can’t wait!
- Ride Tower of Terror at Tokyo DisneySea.
- Eat sushi in Tokyo.
- Take a gondola ride in Venice.
- Spend a few days hiking in Cinque Terre and add a lock to the Via dell’Amore.
- Unplug for 48 hours, by myself, someplace tropical. (Kindle allowed, for ease of packing.)
- Take a week off and jump on a plane…no pre-planning. Just have an adventure.
- Visit Niagara Falls (see the back side of water.)
- Go to Comic-Con — at least once.
- Ride every coaster at Cedar Point.
- See Graceland.
- Have coffee and beignets at Cafe du Monde.
- Plan a special girls trip for my — gulp — 50th birthday. Still lots of time before this one.
- Explore the Coliseum in Rome.
- Ride a scooter in Key West.
- Visit Hong Kong Disney.
- Renew our wedding vows in a Vegas chapel.