John Csizmar • Graphic Designer, Art Director
Highly creative graphic designer with diverse experience in print and web design, art direction, marketing and advertising. Demonstrated expertise in managing projects from conception to final delivery with a focus on utilizing innovative, intuitive and impactful platforms for optimum audience engagement. Professional, self-reliant and collaborative team player with the ability to work across the organization to achieve strategic objectives.
• Adobe Creative Suite, with expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, InDesign.
• HTML and HTML editors, CSS, content management systems, WordPress, Universal Type, Microsoft Office.
• Online rich media production tools like AdInterax, Flite, Celtra, Dezaza, Mixpo.
• Online database management tools like Intuit Quickbase.
• Cross-browser / cross-platform design issues, solution-based client care, project management.
Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL — Instructional Graphic Designer (2016)
Leadership & Talent Development
• Print: Layout and design of instructional manuals and marketing materials.
• Web: Upkeep and design of WordPress web site.
• Additional responsibilities: Design recognition items for graduating participants of leadership programs, including a challenge coin and a lighthouse statue.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Orlando, FL — Contract Designer (2016)
• Contracted through ektello to produce marketing graphics using Adobe Creative Suite.
The Hartford Courant, Hartford, Conn. – Graphic Designer (2000 to 2015)
• Web: Redesigned courant.com and ctnow.com; created ads, including animation, rich media expandables, interstitial pages, mini-sites, html emails, interactive video ads and mobile ads; designed web counterparts for print ads and marketing campaigns originated by others.
• Mobile apps: Designed icons, splash screens and navigational graphics for iPhone and Android apps.
• Print: Designed newspaper and magazine ads, special section covers, page layouts, logos, invitations, posters, banners and billboards.
• Client care: Collaborated with internal and external clients to brainstorm campaign themes, slogans and art with a unique approach, both from scratch and inline with existing content.
• Additional responsibilities: Supervised freelancers and design interns. Developed the online creative requests process and managed online design assignments. Trained all artists in online best practices.
• Clients: The Bushnell Performing Arts Center, Dunkin’ Donuts, Foxwoods Resort Casino, Mohegan Sun Casino, Big Y Supermarkets, Hartford Stage, Live Nation, New Britain Rock Cats, University of Connecticut, Goodwin College.
Cyberian Outpost, Inc., Kent, Conn. – Art Director (1997 to 2000)
• Redesigned company website, establishing a consistent look for other designers to follow.
• Designed AOL mirror site and all graphics included on that site.
• Created and managed internal and external web ads, themed promotional pages and conceptual art.
• Produced 50+ product graphics weekly.
• Designed company stock certificate.
Quintet Systems, Inc., Stamford, Conn. – Graphic Designer (1996 to 1997)
• Produced interactive multimedia programs for Fortune 500 companies using Macromedia Director.
• Managed projects from conception through production including client collaboration, internet research, project design, programming and AVI editing.
The Disney Store, Trumbull, Conn. – Cast Member (1994 to 2002)
• Created magical guest experiences following Disney’s guest service guidelines.
• Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, Conn. – B.A., Graphic Design
• School of Visual Arts, Manhattan, N.Y. – Coursework in Graphic Design